[aprssig] Linux aprsdigi configuration

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Thu Apr 30 10:31:57 EDT 2009

Compiling digi_ned in a Debian environment is dead simple, make sure your
development tools are installed (apt-get install build-essential), grab the
source, untar it and then:

apt-get install libax25-dev xutils-dev
make depend
make

I've built it several times under Debian and Ubuntu with great success.

Hope that helps...

Stephen
K1LNX

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 4:23 PM, John Gorkos <jgorkos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 April 2009 13:33:22 Curt, WE7U wrote:
> > On Wed, 29 Apr 2009, John Gorkos wrote:
> > > Is anyone running Alan Crosswell's aprsdigi code on a "production" wide
> > > area digipeater with WIDEN routing?  If so, would you be willing to
> post
> > > your configuration files?  We're looking at setting up some
> > > embedded-linux Digis in North Georgia, and wanted to stand on the
> > > shoulders of giants with regard to configuration.
> >
> > Are you sure you don't want to run Digi_NED there?  For a while
> > there was a Digi_NED digi right in the heart of Seattle.  That digi
> > is no longer on the air, but I think there might be others to the N
> > and S still running.  It's highly configurable and lets you do a lot
> > of cool stuff.
>
> It's still under consideration, but I was hoping to go with standard pre-
> packaged debian packages, versus getting into a DIY compile/install/config
> cycle.
>  Unfortunately, neither package is still under active development.  I
> briefly
> considered JavAPRSrv, but 1) I'm using SBCs with small RAM footprints, and
> don't really have room for a Java VM, and 2) I'm morally opposed to Pete's
> closed-source approach to software.  This history of APRS software is
> littered
> with good software that was abandoned by the author, even after being paid
> develop and maintain it.

Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86
http://www.k1lnx.net