[aprssig] Anyone using an old Garmin III (not "street pilot III") with a D700?

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 26 03:14:35 EDT 2009

This may sound like an "is it turned on" sort of question, but is the GPS memory full?  I forget what mine did when I filled it up, but this sounds vaguely familiar.  (I have the GPS-III, but not a D700, so I can't try it.)  The GPS-III also has limitations on waypoint names, 6 characters, I think, upper case only; stuff like that.

It's actually not a bad GPS, considering its age.  I'd probably still be using mine but the screen's got a bunch of missing pixel lines, so it's getting hard to read.  Not that I'd trade my Garmin Vista HCx for one, but I'm hanging on to it as a backup, and because it has a serial port.

Greg  KO6TH