[aprssig] N494CZ/WB9CQO

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Sat Apr 25 08:45:35 EDT 2009

Mike Miller wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 11:05:28 -0500
> From: "Mike Miller" <mike.kc9doa at sbcglobal.net>
> Subject: [aprssig] N494CZ/WB9CQO
> To: aprssig at tapr.org
>
> N494CZ is now flying over NE WI. He shows WB9CQO in comments,
> but that call is not in the FCC database. The aircraft owner
> doesn't appear to licensed either. Another pirate or just an
> error entering the call?
>
> Mike KC9DOA

    Just curious -- whatever happened about this?  Any idea?

    I wonder if this might be the same guy that I first noticed several
months ago -- apparently the owner of N494CZ lives (or perhaps used to
live) in Greenbriar, Ar -- and the first one I noticed was in western
AR, maybe 100 miles west of Greenbriar.  Also, the last area this
airplane had an APRS position in was very near the EAA HQ.

    Guess you can tell I'm just finding this in my email...
    Earl

--
KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk