[aprssig] Looking for APRS hiker on May 2 for Maryland Appalachian Trail

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Fri Apr 10 10:50:03 EDT 2009

I'm trying to use APRS to help cover the Hike Across Maryland event on
May 2, 2009.  I've realized that my conditioning for hiking the entire
40 miles myself has not gone as well as I would have hoped, and I'm
only good for about 20 miles.  The hard part is finding another APRS
capable ham or hams to hike the other 20.

I have some volunteers interested in setting up APRS stations at some
of the checkpoints, but the more APRS support we have, the better, so
I'm soliciting anyone willing to help.  The event covers the length of
the Appalachian Trail in Maryland (Penmar to Harpers Ferry) and runs
from about 5am to 9pm on Saturday May 2.

Thanks & 73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R