[aprssig] Secondary links (Huntsville) for the AT experiment

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 11:59:16 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 10:42 AM, Robert Bruninga <bruninga at usna.edu> wrote:

> I was amazed to see, howver, that there are no existing APRS
> digipeaters on the Huntsville mountains!  The only digi is at 80
> feet in the middle of town.?

Keep looking.  I assume you mean KE4ROC?  It's a fill-in for W4GPS-7
and K4GIG-7, both of which are well situated on towers on mountains
outside of town (in the next county, in the case of K4GIG-7).  We've
got good coverage.

W4SBO-7 is on the western edge of Sand Mountain in Scottsboro,
probably the closest in Alabama to the AT.

-Jason
kg4wsv