[aprssig] Xastir Internet->RF configuration

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Apr 5 05:10:11 EDT 2009

Greg KO6TH wrote...

> I have a low-level RF->internet APRS gateway set up in the shack.
> I'd like to enable the Internet-RF side... the antenna is simply a
> twin-lead J-pole hanging on the wall... and our house is in a bit of a
> hole, being by a creek... One person noted that I appeared to have
> the transmit side disabled; he was trying to do some bi-directional
> messaging, and wasn't having any success... Currently I have Transmit
> disabled, and the RF->Inet only button selected. Path 1 is set to
> APX184 via WIDE1-1; paths 2 and 3 are blank.

Curt already answered about just enabling gating to RF. I was just going
to comment on your path of WIDE1-1. Fixed stations shouldn't that path.
However, you did state that you were "in a bit of a hole" so perhaps you
won't trigger any low level fill-in digis. However, it would still be
good practise to change the path to WIDE2-1.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH