[aprssig] Xastir Internet->RF configuration

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Apr 5 02:54:22 EDT 2009

Greg,

I can't advise on the path but don't forget you'll need entries in
/home/.../.xastir/data/nws-stations.txt, essentially an entry for each
station you want to gate to RF. The first three characters will suffice
for any callsign containing those characters - vk2 would cover ALL vk2
callsigns, for example.Here's my file entries ...

#a few local callsigns
vk2tv
vk2wet
vk2aak
vk2sx
vk2uni
#the satellites
ISS
AO-
CO-
DO-
FO-
GO-
IO-
LO-
NO-
PO-
SO-
UO-
VO-
RS-
COMPASS
CAPE
GeneSat
ARISS
#regional weather warnings
MNC
NTL
NTR
#local automatic weather stations
ALDAVILLA
PORTMAC
TAREE

You need to select Allow RF->Inet and Inet->RF in Config/Defaults, as
well as for the RF port configs.

Back when we were running a "quiet" local frequency I enabled ALL vk and
zl traffic for a trial, and the transmitter hardly ever stopped
transmitting. It was an interesting expreriment in warming the shack
:-)  I'm sure you would see even more traffic than I did.

Hope that helps.