[aprssig] Building a new digi

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Apr 1 18:45:39 EDT 2009

Scott N1VG wrote...

> The T2-301 will actually do 9 or 10 watts if you crank it up all the
> way...

I only fiddled with SETPOWER once and ended up with it on continuous
transmit and had difficulties getting into programming for a while, but
I persisted and got past that.

The question came up recently about "how well" the OT2m / T2-135 /
T2-301 decode incoming tones. I did one test some weeks ago with a
T2-135 side-by-side with a KPC-3+ and the T2-135 didn't perform too
badly, but the Kantronics TNC did seem to decode more packets. The
antennas had different characteristics, so I swapped them around and
the Kantronics TNC still came out ahead. Is there anything that you can
fiddle with in software to get better receive performance out of the T2
series?

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH