[aprssig] Building a new digi

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Apr 1 18:00:01 EDT 2009

The T2-301 will actually do 9 or 10 watts if you crank it up all the
way.  Assuming you're not using it on commercial frequencies, anyway -
the Part 90 grant only covers operation at 5 watts and below.  The Part
90 certified radios aren't in stock yet anyway, but I should have them
by the end of the month.

I've also got cables on the way that'll allow the FC-301/D radio
(without the T2 board) to plug directly into a TNC with a 6-pin
mini-DIN.  It seems to work quite well at 9600 baud.

Scott
N1VG