[aprssig] No More Mobile APRS In California

lloyd at mitchell-web.net lloyd at mitchell-web.net
Mon Sep 29 07:30:36 EDT 2008

This is why the Truckers now have CB radios with BlueTooth installed, so
they can use the mic to talk on their cellphones.  Now tell me how that
is better for the general public, They are still on the cellphones but
now it looks like they are talking on the CB ALL THE TIME>>>>

Jealous of a trucker --- well how many ham radio have bluetooth
capability built-in...  amazing we're on hind tit again..

Ko4Lloyd

<snip previous message>

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2003/20032695.htm

Briefly, it status that you can't use a "hand held mobile telephone or a

hand held device of a kind specified... [as] a device other than a two
way radio which .. transmits and receives data", and gone on to specify
a two way radio as a device operating on a ferequency other than the
mobile phone bands.

Andy