[aprssig] No More Mobile APRS In California

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 26 18:37:45 EDT 2008

I presume this part :-

   (e) This section does not apply to an emergency services
professional using an electronic wireless communications device while
operating an authorized emergency vehicle, as defined in Section
165, in the course and scope of his or her duties.

... also applies to police. In Australia, police are grouped with ambulance, fire, rescue, etc. personnel when it comes to using a cell phone while driving.

It's good to see the NJ statute wording specifically exclude amateur radio as a "wireless communication device."
Who here thinks a ham was involved with passing this bill?

Michael.
VK5ZEA