[aprssig] APRS Open Spec

Ron McCoy rmccoylist at blueantservices.com
Sun Sep 28 11:12:15 EDT 2008

<sigh>

As I said, in part of my post that you elided, "I have no interest in
stealing anyone's IP."

What is it about hams that makes it so hard to form cooperative groups?
I don't think anything about my post was provocative. I went out of my
way to praise the work that Bob and others have done here. Far more than
I ever have. If my tone came across as something else, sorry to everyone
who took it that way.

I guess I'll just retire to lurking again. <I just deleted some snarky
comments I was writing about happiness with the state of APRS. It's
exactly the type of comment that antagonizes people without moving the
group forward>

I've been having a great time working on Arduino projects with a local
group of people who love to invent, repurpose and extend technology.  My
own perception--not trying to project it on anyone else or claim it is
true for all--is that that time is past for ham radio.