[aprssig] (Slightly OT) What is solar panel power output?

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 9 22:10:45 EDT 2008

Bob,
   Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't good solar cells closer to a (Pretty) constant voltage *UNTIL* you get close to the current limit, then they supply *near* constant current down to zero volts?
  There must be some "softness" to this, In other words, *some* voltage decrease as the load increases, probably some IR losses.
  Then as load increases further, you have a knee where the Voltage starts dropping faster and faster as the current increases slightly to Isc.  [or is there some foldback?]
 However,  I believe this is what you are saying.

--
73, Steve, K9DCI