[aprssig] TND-710 and the VGS-1

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 7 21:10:15 EDT 2008

Never mind, found it just after I hit send (Isn't that always the way?).

Found it on the AVMAP site:

http://www.avmap.it/upload/files/Info_APRS_eng.PDF

Page APRS-15

"APRS Voice Announce <APRS VOICE>
When using an optional VGS-1 unit, you may select ON. Each
time you receive a message addressed to you, the transceiver
announces the call sign of the sender. If the initial character of
the message is %, the transceiver announces the subsequent
characters one by one."

If anyone has direct experience that confirms or denies this I would
still appreciate hearing it.

73, thanks, and sorry for the wasted band width.

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS