[aprssig] Universal APRS messaging Opportunities!

The Bland Ranch root at blandranch.net
Wed Oct 29 11:24:06 EDT 2008

Joe,

I don't see this as a wet blanket issue at all. These are not competing
technologies.

I would expect that APRS messaging would not replace SMS messaging any given
teen would be using to talk with his peers. If a teen saw it that way, shame on
us for not doing the proper sales job for our fine hobby.

The community open to someone using APRS messaging (and APRS in general) is far
more broad. We, as hams, need to make sure we present it that way rather than
simply positioning it as a similar technology.

Chuck Bland
NA6BR

Quoting joe at dellabarba.com: