[aprssig] TWP Local Info messages etc on a D7

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Mon Oct 20 11:03:24 EDT 2008

To my way of thinking the answer is simple, you don't!

This is the  wrong use of the D7. It is a hand held made to be looked
at up close not glanced at 50-100 cm  in a mobile environ .... if it
were a D700/D710 and a message comes through, you can hit the
'details' button and the message will freeze and not be overlaid on
the screen by a subsequent transmission.

I speak this with a certain amount of authority as I started with one
of the early D7s using it mobile and that experience steeled my
resolution to get the D700 as soon as it appeared on the market. There
simply is no really 'safe' way to use a D7 as anything other than a
'semi' dumb tracker if you are the driver. Even with a cradle the
screen was never designed to be read from beyond 50 cm, it requires
too much concentration be diverted from driving.

--
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog