[aprssig] some questions about APRS queries

Michael Conrad do5mc at friggleware.de
Sun Oct 5 06:50:20 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'am implementing a query module for my APRS software, but have some trouble with
the ?APRSD and ?APRSH queries (page 79 of APRS Spec 1.0.1).

APRSD:

1. How long after the last beacon a station should be reported as heard direct ?
    (Using net cycle time of 10 minutes could be to short.)

2. What happen, if more stations were heard direct, than fitting into one response ?
    (In average about 30 stations would fit into one response message.)

APRSH:

3. Is one hour counted from 00 to 59 OR 60 minutes back from the time the query was received
    by the station ?
    (The first one is much easier to implement (but requires a absolute clock), the last one is more exact.)

    Reading the spec, I assume the first one is right ("in each of the last 8 hours").

Thanks in advance

      Michael, DO5MC