[aprssig] Slightly off topic - Cubesats

Bob Cutter ki0g at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 3 13:56:59 EDT 2008

Great Scott, keep us posted.

73, KI0G

On Oct 3, 2008, at 11:35 AM, Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:

Working on a cubesat digi right now.  I don't have any guarantees yet
that it'll fly on any particular bird, but even if the more immediate
possibilities don't pan out at least it'll be ready.  I'm making it as
small as possible without resorting to hidden lead packages that can't
be inspected with an optical microscope.  I've also been getting a lot
of requests for a small Tracker2 that can be integrated into radios
other than the DR-135T, so maybe I'll try to make it suitable for that
as well and get some terrestrial use out of the hardware.

I'm planning to include a couple of serial flash ICs, which will let me
reuse code from both the ADS-SR1 (for simplex repeater, voicemail and
announcement functions) and the still-unreleased SSTV sender as well.
The ADS-SR1 is actually already capable of over-the-air firmware
updates, it just needs some tweaks (and a feedback mechanism) to make it
usable for satellite applications.  It's also getting an external
watchdog IC to supplement the internal watchdog - it can be set to a
period of hours or days, so it should make a good command loss timer.

Scott
N1VG

Chuck Kimball wrote:
Now if we could just get some digipeaters included...

Message: 3