[aprssig] How to deal with DTMF keypad differences betweenmanufacturers

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Oct 1 21:47:39 EDT 2008

Robert Bruninga wrote:

>> On a TH-D7 or D700, the keyboard does not
>> do text entry.
>>

> Not true.
>

>> For each character position
>> in a message, you spin the click-stop
>> tuning knob (or use the cursor up/down arrows)
>>

> I don't.  I have always used the key pad and find I can use the
> key pad much faster for enteing messages and email...

Whadya Know!    I've had both a D700 and a TH-D7  for over 5 years and
never realized the keypads would do that!

I always thought the spin wheel or cursors were the only way --- which I
always avoided anyway by either having the radio under control of an
APRS program on my mobile Toughbook laptop  -OR- by using Hanson's
keyboard adapter!

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map