[aprssig] APRS Comment/Status Text Guidelines

Ben Jackson bbj at innismir.net
Thu Nov 20 18:01:47 EST 2008

Robert Bruninga wrote:
>> Your proposal presupposes that the APRStfc
>> utility would run alongside APRSdos...
>> running that would pose a problem for me...
>
> But all we need is someone to write an on-line parser for the
> Maryland Traffic data web page, and then turn around and send
> the object packets out the serial port for an attached TNC,
> done.  THen it does not even need any other APRS support.  It
> could just be a background task on any PC..

The sticky point is whether or not this violates the MD DOT CHART Terms
of Service. They may prohibit 3rd party use, which lead to all kinds of
sticky legal issues.

Bob, have you asked MD DOT if this information is publicly available in
a slightly easier to digest format? XML or CSV?

--
Ben Jackson - N1WBV - New Bedford, MA
bbj <at> innismir.net - http://www.innismir.net/