[aprssig] OLPC $199 laptop again

Jason Rausch jason at ke4nyv.com
Sun Nov 16 12:56:15 EST 2008

> The rubber 'keys' like to squish to the side and don't give good
> feedback.

This is my biggest gripe with the Panasonic toughbooks we use in police cars.  The keyboard is a rubber membrane type and there is no tactile feel when you press it.  The keys are incredibly sensitive, a simple touch of the key will result as a keypress, but I like having that tactile feel, to know that I actually pressed it

> Not when regular netbooks are heading into the same price range.

Somthing like the Acer Aspire One is a no brainer at $380!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115519

A ham buddy of mine bought one and he loves it.  Small, runs windows and perfect for a portable APRS setup.

Jason KE4NYV
RPC Electronics
www.rpc-electronics.com