[aprssig] OLPC $199 laptop again

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 13:20:00 EST 2008

> Somthing like the Acer Aspire One is a no brainer at $380!
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834115519

Hey Jason.  I chose the Lenovo IdeaPad S10 at $399.  It has a larger
10.2" screen, but roughly the same size overall.  I bumped the RAM up
to 1.5 GB for $15.  The harddrive is 80 GB.  $50 more gets 160 GB.  I
just ordered the factory bluetooth option from China for $28.  It
should be here in a few weeks.  It came with Windows XP home.  I
upgraded it to Vista Ultimate and that is working very well.  I have
UI-View32 installed with Precision Mapping 8.0.  I was surprised that
the maps render as fast as my more powerful desktop.