[aprssig] OpenAPRS has assumed "EMAIL" alias

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 7 23:06:43 EST 2008

  I was wondering about this, but neglected to post it earlier.
  On my return from the west on the California Zypher two weeks ago I was sending emails near population centers as a test and this is the only one which made it into the APRS-IS.  The VA3 call threw me:

Subject line was:
APRS Email created by VA3ROM-10 on behalf of K9DCI-7

Message body was:
This email was created using UI-View32 add-on
UI_EMAIL by Chris PA7RHM
at 28/10/2008 11:41:28 AM

An APRS user, callsign K9DCI-7,     sent the following message:

      Hi from Ottumwa 73

(raw message noskosteve at yahoo.com Hi from Ottumwa 73 to destination EMAIL.)

73

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

--
You know that sea of entropy we were going to drown in?  Well, upon closer examination, it turned out to be ignorance.  S. Noskowicz 1987
73, Steve, K9DCI