[aprssig] APRS needs... (Part II)

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Wed May 28 12:40:48 EDT 2008

I have found that running multable watts of output to be nearly
useless, unless your using high gain antenna, or high power on both
ends.

The issue normally becomes receiving is overrun by the loads of wifi
units others are running, that your signal gets lost in the noise.

If I remember correctly, we are allowed to run up to 10watts, after
that we have to use an Auto-Gain transmitter/amp, then we can go up to
100watts.