[aprssig] I-80 Ohio/IN and D710 objects

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Tue May 27 18:06:28 EDT 2008

Here is a good example.  This digi has its nearby voice repeater
in its STATUS text... (just as we used to recommend over the
past many years)

Raw packet: W3PIE-3>APN382,WIDE2-1,qAo,N3WWN-3:
            !3955.96NS07944.55W#
            PHG6760/W2,PAn Uniontown ARC W3PIE

But now we are trying to use that Btext in a more
machine-readable format to produce this voice repeater as an
object.  Then it can be "tuned" and separately located as a
separate object instead of just added status text onto the digi.

So instead of this beacon text (in status format):
">147.045 NO PL Uniontown ARC W3PIE "

Use this OBJECT format instead:
";147.045PA*111111zDDMM.~~N/DDDMM.~~Wr NoPL Rxxm Uniontown ARC
W3PIE "

Where ~~ are spaces to preserve a 1 mile ambiguity for that
voice repeater if the owners so desire.

Bob, WB4APR