[aprssig] Sending bulletins from Xastir?

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Fri May 23 19:23:21 EDT 2008

On May 23, 2008, at 5:04 PM, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Maybe this partly explains why so few people seem to see
> bulletins and announcements.  This is a big surprise to me that
> something as important as local bulletins was left out of
> XASTIR.  Most of the other implementations did not do it at all
> right and just lumps them into a serial list, which is far from
> th original intent.

Agreed - it is unfortunate because we absolutely have local
information to communicate to travellers and ham radio operators
right now (we had several tornados touch down in the region, we have
areas without telephones due to storm damage, and, worst of all, it
seems that over 50% of Wyoming communities are having telephone
issues right now due to a problem the phone company is having.  In
other words, the "business case" for ham radio.