[aprssig] Sending bulletins from Xastir?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Fri May 23 20:28:14 EDT 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 07:04:38PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <bruninga at usna.edu> flavor, containing:
> > So far, nobody with the ability to code in xastir
> > has cared about it enough to do the job, or at
> > least has not cared about it enough during the brief
> > periods when they had time to do coding in xastir.
>
> Maybe this partly explains why so few people seem to see
> bulletins and announcements.  This is a big surprise to me that
> something as important as local bulletins was left out of
> XASTIR.  Most of the other implementations did not do it at all
> right and just lumps them into a serial list, which is far from
> th original intent.

Xastir *displays* incoming bulletins properly, keeping them in a separate
window and ordering them.

What it does not have is a complete interface for *entering* them.  As
Dick points out, one can kludge it to make xastir send one.

 "It's so simple to be wise: just think of something stupid to say and
  then don't say it."  --- Sam Levinson