[aprssig] Sending bulletins from Xastir?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri May 23 19:04:38 EDT 2008

> So far, nobody with the ability to code in xastir
> has cared about it enough to do the job, or at
> least has not cared about it enough during the brief
> periods when they had time to do coding in xastir.

Maybe this partly explains why so few people seem to see
bulletins and announcements.  This is a big surprise to me that
something as important as local bulletins was left out of
XASTIR.  Most of the other implementations did not do it at all
right and just lumps them into a serial list, which is far from
th original intent.

I belive last year that a UI-view add-on was written to fix this
in Uiview..

For info on how bulletins were supposed to be done, see:

http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/aprs/bulletinBoard.txt

Bob, WB4APR