[aprssig] Ham Radio, Use it or Lose it!

Brian B. Riley brianbr at mac.com
Fri May 23 00:06:52 EDT 2008

  Boy ... memories ... several years pre-PacComm, Gwyn, W1BEL, was in
the Air Force and stationed at McGuire AFB and lived near me. He,  and
Ron, WB2YZS, and I each had a Vancouver board (I had imported a dozen
of them directly from Doug Lockhart out in BC) and we each had two
EPROMs one was  normal TNC code for our use (my call then was KA2BQE
and it was burned in and all that). The second EPROM was the KA2BQE
digipeater EPROM, likewise for Ron and Gwyn. We would each take a turn
being the digipeater for the other two .... there was no network no
nothing

On May 22, 2008, at 9:12 PM, Rich Garcia wrote:

> anyone remember Gwyn and Linda from PacComm

  cheers ... 73 de brian, n1bq