Tactical Value? [was: VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re: [aprssig] YaesuVX-8R)]

kc9umr at freqradio.com kc9umr at freqradio.com
Wed May 21 08:56:22 EDT 2008

Could the value be that *SOME* radios have full featured messaging, etc. whereas other radios DO NOT....

i.e. if i tell you i have a Kenwood, you know (presumeably) that i can send and receive messages, etc., but if i have an Icom I cannot?  This would make the specific radio a worthwhile note, but would it be better to have a special icon for D700's, D710's, VX8's etc. that have these capabilities vs. radios that do not?

If i hook a TinyTrak to my V7A, i can run APRS... but that doesn't mean I can send or receive text messages....