[aprssig] GPRS

Michael Carey michaelcarey at internode.on.net
Mon May 19 08:46:20 EDT 2008

I think it is due to it connecting directly (via a GPRS internet
connection) to the worldwide APRS system via the APRS-IS system. If you
have a validated connection to an APRS server, your position frames can
be gated to RF. I suppose an un-licenced person could use it, but
without validation their positions will only be visible to net connected
APRS users.
A private user could also set up their own javAPRSSrvr and make their
own private APRS network with EYTrakers totally separate to the amateur
network.

Michael.
VK5ZEA

On the web page there is a big fat note stating