[aprssig] GPRS

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Mon May 19 17:56:30 EDT 2008

I have used it, with UiView on this laptop with a GPS, and mobile phone
as the modem.  Both GPRS and 3G works very well, you connect direct to
the APRS-IS just as you would with any other internet/network
connection.

For APRS messaging, it's "The Business" it has to be said.  Fast and
reliable.

At least hear in the UK it works OK.  The cost though, at that time I
was being charged 7UKP a meg in total for data (sum of up/download)  I
now have a 3UKP/meg account, and the "works phone", that I am told is
charged at 1UKP a meg.

What you pay in other countries, I have no idea.  However, it works just
fine, for APRS, and for just about anything else you want.

Caution...  Disable Windows (and any other app's, Adobe and such)
Automatic Updates BEFORE you connect !!!!!!!

73

Dave G0WBX.