[aprssig] Dayton Reports?

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Sat May 17 09:14:03 EDT 2008

On thing I find is when it comes to rumors, they really depend on who you
talk with.  Friday morning, I talked with a Kenwood guy about the HT.  It
seems the problem, as with so many rigs, is that parts are drying up,
necessitating a new design.  In the case of the D-7, it is a tiny
transistor.  They have enough for repair, but not enough to continue
production beyond what is in the pipeline.  There is a replacement, 8-12
months at best, and not officially approved for production.

Of course you may hear something completely different on Saturday, and again
something different on Sunday.

Alan
WA4SCA