[aprssig] What are igates supposed to do with paths

Joseph M. Durnal joseph.durnal at gmail.com
Mon May 12 09:59:32 EDT 2008

2008-05-11 15:56:33 UTC:
NE3R>APX193,N3KTX-2*,WIDE2,qAo,W3BCW:=3922.21N/07726.12WxPHG2000No
Traffic
2008-05-11 18:41:43 UTC:
NE3R>APX193,TCPIP*,qAO,W3HZU:=3922.21N/07726.12WxPHG2000No Traffic

My home station transmits porpotionally with the majority of my
packets via WIDE2-1 and I don't send packets directly to the interent
(unless I'm testing something, then I use another SSID)

If you see above, the first packet was gated by W3BCW and includes the
entire path as it was received via RF.

The second was gated by W3HZU, but the RF path has been re-written with TCPIP*

It seems like these two stations are doing something different when
they gate packets from RF to the internet.  Are they both doing it
correctly?  It just seems like something seems wrong with W3HZU.

I think it would be best if the packets appear on the IS the same way
as they do on RF.

Thanks & 73 de Joseph Durnal NE3R