[aprssig] Voice Repeater ==> APRS Interface

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu May 8 18:04:12 EDT 2008

I guess I can count myself as a repeater manufacturer now... or when I
start selling the ADS-SR1 at Dayton, anyway.  It's just a pocket size
simplex repeater (with timed voice beacons, voice mail, 'say again'
function, CW ID, and so forth), and I deliberately didn't put a serial
port on it because I wanted to limit the 'creeping featuritis'.  (It
does actually take firmware updates, but via audio rather than serial.)

After working with it a lot in testing, I have to say that entering a
lot of DTMF blind is a pain.

I don't see APRStt being useful enough to enough people to really
justify much investment in hardware or programming.  Though it would be
kind of nice if the radio manufacturers would support some common ANI
scheme.

Scott
N1VG