[aprssig] Voice Repeater ==> APRS Interface

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 8 17:07:20 EDT 2008

In 7 years, we still do not have APRStt (Touch tone).
So still only 5% of ham radio is accouted for on APRS.

So now I am approaching the repeater controllers, and the
Echolink and IRLP and any other manufacturer of any device in
HAM radio that already has systems that LISTEN to ham radio with
a DTMF decoder.   All they have to do is take the DTMF callsign
of any voice user and send it out their serial port to an
attached TNC, or send it directly to the APRS-IS.

This way, everyone can be found on APRS to the nearest repeater
and we will know his freuency, tone, and node number or even
reverse-path phone number!

Here is what I am sending to the repeater manufacturers I know
about:
ARCOM, CAT, Pacific Research, and link-com.  Are there others?