A too-easy fix - was Re: [aprssig] N4243B is Back!

John B. Leonard, Jr. w9jbl at comcast.net
Wed May 7 07:23:11 EDT 2008

He said:

>It would be nice if he went QRT and stayed that went until he became a
>licensed amateur radio operator,

It's always baffled me why the amateur community will wish that someone who
breaks the law and abuses ham principles and frequencies will "get legal"
and get their license.  Sounds like we want to dilute the pool of legal hams
with criminals.

So we end up with some law-breakers among the larger amateur community.  And
foul the ham reputation just a little bit more.

No wonder we're having a hard time getting young people.  If I was a parent,
I wouldn't want my kid to be exposed to hidden criminals.

w9jbl