[aprssig] RE: N4243B is Back!

dick at kb7zva.com dick at kb7zva.com
Sat May 3 21:30:30 EDT 2008

>This is fun.  We should be well practiced not only to hunt down
>the easy GPS reports but to also be able to DF etc.  The fun
>part will be keeping up with this guy as he changes calls to
>avoid our wrath.  SO some secondary sleuthing should nail down
>those places where he stops at (house, work, airfield) so that
>when he changes his call again, we simply know where to look.
>
>In fact, the original APRS (ans I assume the clones) has a
>proximity detector that you can set around a certain area.   If
>an APRS mobile enters that area, an alarm goes off.  So even if
>this guy disappears again, such a "proximity alarm" set on his
>house with say a 1 mile range would let us know when he is
>back... Under a different alias...
>
>Bob, WB4aPR

He wants to play in our sand-box, let him ;-)

Three steps ahead of ya Bob <g>. And yes, this guy wants to play
we are going to let him. Have no intention to block his packets
from the APRS-IS. That would take away from all the fun. If
anything we will accommodate him to the hand-cuffs. The only
question is who gets him first... I really hope it's APRS users that
find him and hope he drives a late model SUV <g>. Suppose the
FCC will recognize our efforts? That will be neat.

73,
Dick, KB7ZVA
APRSWest - Tier 2 Networks