[aprssig] Considering buying a D7 - Some Basic Questions

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:40:17 EDT 2008

> Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:05:25 -0500
> From: kg4wsv at gmail.com
> To: aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Considering buying a D7 - Some Basic Questions
>
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 11:49 PM, Steve Noskowicz  wrote:
>
>>   Specific questions:

{snip}

>>     I believe I've heard that the battery life is a bit short.
>
> Abysmally so.

Worse, the battery state indicator is only displayed during transmit, so you really never know how much life you have in the battery until it's dead.  The life of the bigger battery (PB-39) is poor compared to other modern rigs (e.g. my TH-F6A is much better), but comparable to some of the more middle-aged ones (my Alinco DJ-580 comes to mind), so still quite usable.

But, there's nothing else on the market that can do what it does, so we live with or work around its shortcomings.

Greg  KO6TH