[aprssig] APRS configuration in south Fla

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Mar 26 09:53:27 EDT 2008

> I am 90% sure they are still using WIDE
> and RELAY. It has been 2 years since
> I lived in the West Palm Beach area but
> if memory serves me correct they
> were using MFJ TNC's or old KPC's and I
> do not belive those can easly be
> moved to the new configurations.

Easiest way is to change RELAY to WIDE1-1
Done.  It is then compatible.  (for the first hop)
But then it only needs a few WIDEn-N digis to then
Carry the 2nd hops..

Still works perfectly well locally.  And that is what APRS is
all about.

If you can get them to change the ROMS to UIDIGI ROMS then those
old MFJ's become good New-N compliant...

Bob, WB4APR

Head Jr.