[aprssig] GPS Power and RS232

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 18 03:06:02 EDT 2008

> >Also can some one tell me if a serial data from a GPS can be tapped
> >to go to the THD700 AND a laptop?
>
>          I believe you can use a simply "Y" connection and be OK.
>
>          7 3
>          Earl

   By "Y" remember that the GPS Tx data (should be able to drive, but no
promises for all GPS units) can go to both radio and computer Rx data lines,
but all other lines must be handled appropriately.  The radio Tx can go to the
GPS Rx for way point upload to the GPS, but the computer Rx line is already
spoken for, nless you use a second port.  The control lines on the computer
must be un needed/ignored (I think that's called no hardware handshake).

--
73, Steve, K9DCI