[aprssig] GPS Power and RS232

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 18 01:52:12 EDT 2008

Sorry, I just woke up to what is being requested...

Staples and Radio Shack both have a $10.99 Cigarette Lighter to USB (5 volts) adapter, made by Lenmar.  It wasn't in their stores - they stock a similar unit with a cord (not needed) for about $20.  I thought about making one too, but for $11, in a nice neat package, I can't really do better.

Search for Staples Item 647371, Model AIDCU

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?&langId=-1&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&productId=147345&cmArea=SEARCH

Staples sent mine in about 2 days, no shipping.  Drives my Garmin Vista HCx very nicely via the standard USB cable.

Hope this helps,

Greg  KO6TH