[aprssig] GPS Power and RS232

Leonard Revelle n9ij at comcast.net
Tue Mar 18 10:26:42 EDT 2008

I use a Garmin eMap (serial NMEA), TM-D700A, and UI-View in my truck.
Connect the GPS to the radio, as instructed, and the laptop to the
D700 serial connection. You will see your position and receive NMEA
waypoints on UI-View map. if all is set up correctly. No "Y" needed. I
actually use Precision Map with UI-View PMapServer. I can run a second
iteration of the app to see outside the current position map for
directions, etc.
Len Revelle N9IJ
n9ij at comcast.net