[aprssig] Transatlantic amateur radio balloon in flight

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed Mar 12 16:02:52 EDT 2008

Scott N1VG wrote...

> If it's averaged across the whole flight, and it took off
> at about sea level, wouldn't it be zero?

You would think so, but...

> Things don't look very good right now... must have splashed down
> already.  What's with the ballast drop count?  I'm guessing that once
> it ran out of ballast it just left the valve open.

Yeah, no update since 1851 UTC. That's still a pretty good effort
though. If at first you don't succeed... ! I liked the blog where they
discussed what to use for ballast, discarding frozen bananas and ice
cubes. Paper seemed like a reasonable choice.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH