[aprssig] No Points for APRS for Field Day 2008?

kc2lsb kc2lsb at arrl.net
Mon Mar 10 21:22:53 EDT 2008

I have to agree that "hooking" folks is usually easier when they can relate
to what they are seeing without too much discussion.  The attached photo is
from a scout camporee held about 2 years ago at Floyd Bennett Field in
Brooklyn NY.  The monitor these kids are looking at is showing an APRS
program.  This particular station was the most active of all the stations
there ( 2 hf, vhf, packet).  It attracted yound and old alike, I believe,
because it was something they could relate to.
My 2 cents.
Russ