[aprssig] No Points for APRS for Field Day 2008?

KENT HUFFORD khufford at comcast.net
Mon Mar 10 18:44:51 EDT 2008

That's too bad.

When civilians, esp. young ones come to a public Field Day location, they
are drawn to a computer screen that has more on it than "W4IY 9A VA".

They like the APRS color screen and what it really does. CW and talking on a
Donald duck phone does not impress them.

So, our Field Day doesn't have ATV or APRS station this year. Of course, I
could set up a demo anyway... But that would make the Field Day General mad.

Kent