[aprssig] Police-9/10 station

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Jun 19 11:23:39 EDT 2008

> Anyone know anything about this?
> Looks like a rogue mobile on RF...
> It came through our area about 4 days ago....
> http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?police-9

That was my POLICE object.  I was driving down I-81 and saw a
police car parked in the bushes.  I keep my PM-5 in my Kenwood
programmed with the POLICE-9 object name and the POLICE symbol.
My text is supposed to say "de wb4apr" but it appears that maybe
I did not have status set to 1/1 so that is included on all my
packets.  I'll have to check that.

It is trivial to mark such objects as you drive if you have
preset a PM with the object name and info.  Just press PM-5,
then hit BCON button once or twice until  you see it digipeated,
then go back to normal operations on PM-1.  Meanwhile everyone
nearby sees the object.

APRS is all about INFO, not just vehicle tracking.  If we have
info of value to others in the area, we should take the
initiative to transmit it.

Bob, WB4APR