[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu Jun 12 13:39:13 EDT 2008

Jan T. Pharo wrote:
> I'm sure that you or others are free to generate such a list. The
> network analysis tool I am using (by M0CYP, I think) doesn't seem to
> allow such a filtering.

The M0CYP Network Analysis tool can either connect to UIview and use
whatever is showing in UIview's station list,   -OR-   it can connect
directly to an APRS Internet server.   In this mode, it will be
unaffected by the various options within UIview.  Further you can
connect to the port 14580 filter port of an APRS-IS server . You can
then use all the filter port options to specify very precisely (by a
list of call-sign prefixes, for example,  if you are trying to select
just one country) what gets delivered to Network Analysis.

You can install multiple copies of Network Analysis in different
directories on the same PC, and use them for different purposes
simultaneously, as long as you don't have more than one copy trying to
connect to UIview.  (You can have any number of instances connecting
directly to the Internet as long as you use a different SSID of YOUR
callsign for each log-in.)

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map