[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

Gregg Wonderly gregg at wonderly.org
Wed Jun 11 17:35:17 EDT 2008

Andy McMullin wrote:
> However, I agree about a mapping suite that supports APRS -- but
> outside the USA I don't think such a thing will ever exist; you lot
> that side of the pond don't know just how lucky you are with your
> electronic maps!

Google earth works fine...  The APRS application just needs to provide a KML web
server that outputs the appropriate information when queried.  That also allows
multiple users to have access to the same view, controlled from a central source.

The issue of what to do when you don't have an internet connection, is getting
to be a smaller issue.  My verizon USB modem works amazingly well.  With D-Star
data radios, there are possibilities there too.

Gregg Wonderly
W5GGW