[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Gerhard f5vag.eu at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 12:22:31 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 8, 2008 at 11:53 AM, John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org> wrote:

> I'm considering preparing a 'counterpoint' document (not sure if its
> the correct term), if I could get the agreement, of our delegates to
> bring it (and use it).  However I would probably need some help
> analysing the packets on the APRS-IS.  For example, I do not believe
> that TRACEn-N is favoured in Europe, but I'll have to go to the
> databases and check.

John,

The number of WIDEn-N beacons generated in Europe is more than the
double of beacons with TRACEn-N.

I made a PHP CLI script which connects to the APRS-IS with a filter for
Europe and counts the beacons which have TRACEn or WIDEn in the
header:
http://f5vag.eu/php/trace_wide.php

--
73 de Gerhard, F5VAG / DL7MW